Dear Parishioners/Friends …
The NSW Government now allows Church doors to reopen for Masses with 50 people (over and above the priest and ministers).
Chance to Attend Weekend Masses:
If you would like to chance to attend a weekend Mass of 50 people, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Parish Office 9344 7914 and give your full name and phone number.
The Sunday 8am Masses are usually not full. You are welcome to attend it here.
Week Day Masses: You do not have to book to attend Week day masses.
PLEASE RECORD YOUR NAME & CONTACT DETAILS IN THE MASS ATTENDANCE SHEET FOR EACH MASS YOU ATTEND. THANK YOU.
To comply with the guidelines in connection with the gradual opening of Churches for prayer & Masses, we ask you when you visit the Church to comply with the following:
- Record your name, address, phone number and email address in the folder provided in the foyer as you enter the Church (this is a government requirement for contacting people in case of a Corona cluster). After using the pen, please use hand sanitiser.
- Use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the Church.
- Keep physical distance from others by only sitting in the places marked on the pews with a red cross.
- Avoid touching statues or other fixtures in the Church.
- Practise good hygiene as advised by Australian Government regarding COVID-19.
- Please take home your bulletin copy; do not return it to the box.
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND MASS IF YOU HAVE COLD OR FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): We continue to follow the recommendations which The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference has made to avoid spreading the virus, especially the following:-
□ Individuals should consider their own health, including any potential to infect others with a contagious disease, before attending a public liturgical celebration.
□ Holy Water is temporarily removed from the stoups at church entrances.
□ When exchanging the Sign of Peace, individuals should avoid shaking hands but say “Peace be with you” and offer a smile, wave, nod or bow.
□ All Ministers of Holy Communion should take particular care to wash their hands before and after distributing.
□ Parishes should cease distributing Holy Communion from the Chalice until further notice.
□ ..The Body of Christ (communion host) should ONLY be administered in the hand.
□ There will be no collections and offertory procession at the usual time in Mass. Please contribute your usual first and second collection offerings in the containers provided as you exit the church
Streaming daily Masses are available at St Mary’s Cathedral Sydney’s website link: https://www.stmaryscathedral.org.au/